The University Twente Scholarship (UTS) is a scholarship for excellent students from both EU/EEA as well as non-EU/EEA countries, applying for a graduate programme (MSc) at the University of Twente.
- € 6,000 – € 25,000 for one year (approximately 30 scholarships available).
- If you have applied for a two-year programme, make sure you read the information about two-year study programmes below.
- For an overview of the estimated costs of living in the Netherlands (excluding tuition fees), click here.
- Attend the welcoming ceremony for scholarship students together with VIPs from the University
- Become one of the most promising UT students
- Exclusive opportunity to take part in an intake for one of the three honours programmes: Research honours, Design honours, or Change leaders.
Requirements for application
In order to be eligible for a UTS scholarship, you should meet all the requirements below.
- Your programme starts in September 2015;
- For this application round, you have been (provisionally) admitted to one of the above mentioned UT graduate programmes before 15 December 2014 (note: there will be another UTS application round for students that have been (provisionally) admitted to the University after this date. The deadline for the second round will be published in the second week of January);
- You have to include a motivation letter in your application (250 – 500 words), this motivation letter explains):
- What you have studied in the past;
- What goal you want to reach through your study at UT;
- How you plan to receive this goal;
- Why you particularly choose to study at the University of Twente;
- You comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable);
- You comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills
- You are not eligible for a Dutch study grant;
- You have completed a pre-master at the University of Twente (if applicable);
- You may already apply for a UTS even if you have to do a pre-master programme at the University of Twente first. However, you must complete your pre-master programme with a CGPA of 7.5 (out of 10) to be eligible for a UTS and comply with above mentioned requirements.
For more information, please visit official website: http://www.utwente.nl.