via Kang M Hilmi Zulkifli
Deadline: 20 Maret 2014
M.S. and Ph.D. Scholarship Opportunity
Energy and Environmental Materials and Process Lab. is looking for highly self-motivated full-time M.S. and Ph.D. students to conduct cutting-edge research in the area of Energy Conversion System (ECS) and Energy Storage System (ESS) like Redox Flow Battery, Lithium-Air Battery, Low/High Temperature Fuel Cell (PEMFC, DMFC etc..), Water electrolysis, Enzymatic Bio Fuel Cell, and Marine/Gas Sensor in Dept. of New Energy Engineering at Seoul National University of Science and Technology (SeoulTech) in South Korea.
– The chosen M.S. candidates will be enrolled in a 2-year or 1+2-year (including 1-year Korean language course) M.S. program starting from September 2014.
– The chosen Ph.D. candidates will be enrolled in a 3-year or 1+3-year (including 1-year Korean language course) Ph.D. program starting from September 2014.
– The position is fully funded including a tuition waiver and a competitive monthly salary.
– The main research directions of the group are
[Topic 1] Redox Flow Battery and Lithium-Air Battery : Developments of new electrodes, new membrane including synthesis of catalysts and electrochemical analysis of the battery performances.
[Topic 2] Enzymatic Bio Fuel Cell : Developments of new electrodes, new membrane including synthesis of enzyme based biocatalysts and electrochemical analysis of the enzymatic bio fuel cell performances.
[Topic 3] Low/High Temperature Fuel Cell : Developments of new polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cell (PEMFC), Direct methanol fuel cell (DMFC) and Direct formic acid fuel cell (DFAFC) systems. Synthesis of new materials such as catalysis and membrane.
– Bachelor or Master Degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Material Science, Bio Engineering (focused on Enzyme Science/Engineering) and Physics….
– Excellent writing and communication skills in English.
An interested applicant should select a subgroup based on his or her research plan and email the following to the corresponding contact point by March 20, 2014.
1. Detailed CV in English
2. Official transcript of previously attended undergraduate or graduate institution
3. Certificate of TOEFL/IELTS/TOEIC score (Optional)
Energy and Environmental Materials and Process Lab.: Prof. Yongchai Kwon (email@example.com)
– SeoulTech webpage: http://english.seoultech.ac.kr
– Lab Homepage: http://eemp.seoultech.ac.kr/
– Contact Prof. Yongchai Kwon (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information.