Via Teh Niken Septiyanti Ediyana
Senior Environmental Specialist- International, PT HATFIELD INDONESIA
General Description: The Senior Environmental Specialist will provide management and technical expertise for the design, management and implementation of environmental projects in Indonesia as well as other countries in Southeast Asia. The Senior Environmental Specialist will make significant contributions to the success of Hatfield’s strategy in delivering environmental services to a range of sectors, including mining, oil and gas, agriculture, and climate change, and will work under the general direction of the President of PT Hatfield Indonesia (PTHI) with additional support from Hatfield’s head office in Vancouver, Canada.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities will include study design, analysis and reporting related to environmental projects; and ensuring compliance of project activities with all relevant local, provincial and national and international environmental and environmental regulations/standards.
- Management of environmental projects, including preparation of project work plans, schedules and budgets, management of all technical activities, coordination of technical staff and sub-consultants to ensure efficient use of corporate resources, preparation and editing of project documents (proposals, reports, map outputs, etc.) as required, QA/QC on project outputs to ensure the highest possible standards, and any additional tasks required to ensure that project outputs are completed on time, on budget and to acceptable PTHI/Hatfield standards.
- Leading marketing and business development activities in the environment sector for PTHI and Hatfield in Indonesia and southeast Asia for private sector and public sector clients, as well as to international development organizations. This will include: corporate marketing and business development to existing and potential clients; strengthening corporate relationships and communicating directly with potential clients; ensuring local company support and business intelligence is provided for corporate marketing activities; remaining current with the direction and status of industry projects and opportunities for the company; and providing assistance in the preparation of proposals and proposal negotiations with clients.
- A minimum of five years managing environmental projects
- Demonstrated reporting, project management and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written – technical or scientific writing).
- Knowledge of AMDAL process in Indonesia
- Basic skill in Indonesian language is an advantage.
- Experience with delivering environmental services in Indonesia or southeast Asia, such as environmental impact assessment, environmental monitoring, and environmental permitting
- Minimum five years of consulting experience.
- M.Sc. in environmental management, or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with private sector companies, major international development organizations, multilateral banks and other international institutions are assets.
Reply in confidence with salary expectations to email@example.com (no phone calls please). Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Forestry Technician, PT HATFIELD INDONESIA
PT Hatfield Indonesia (PTHI) is seeking an experienced Indonesian Forestry Technician for our Bogor office.
The selected individual will work with a team under Forestry Business Unit that is responsible for the design and delivery of a broad change of forestry projects including biodiversity assessment, monitoring and land rehabilitation services to our extensive client base.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and implement Company projects related to Forestry.
- Perform forestry fieldwork as required for collection of project data.
- Assisting Senior Forestry Specialist in coordinating and implementing field assessments related to biodiversity, forest carbon, permanent forest plots, forest and palm oil plantation certification, land rehabilitation, etc.
- Assisting Senior Forestry Specialist in conducting desktop studies on various aspect of forestry in Indonesia, including sustainable forest management, climate change initiatives, forest policy and regulations, etc.
- Supporting Senior Forestry Specialist in establishing contacts and interacting with a broad range of players in the forestry sector including government officials, NGOs and international organizations.
- Assisting Senior Forestry Specialist in managing various aspects of forestry projects including team coordination, scheduling, budgeting, and client liaison.
- Data entry, analysis and report writing.
- Assisting the Company with marketing activities related to forestry.
- Reporting and coordinating duties and administrative responsibilities.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Forestry from a reputable university.
- Minimum 2 to 4 years of experience in forestry projects, consultancy or related project implementation.
- Technical knowledge and experience in one of more of the following areas: silviculture, forest ecology, botany, plant taxonomy, biodiversity, forest restoration/land rehabilitation, and forest carbon.
- Willingness to travel to remote sites and conduct fieldwork.
- Fluency in English both oral and written.
- Computer skills required: MS Office, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and statistical softwares.
- Excellent communication, writing and analytical skills.
To apply, email application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please). Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Senior Environmental Specialist – National, PT HATFIELD INDONESIA
General Description: PT Hatfield Indonesia is seeking an experienced national Senior Environmental Specialist for employment in our Bogor office.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assume responsibility as Project Manager of various environmental projects some of which will include: Environmental Impact Assessments, Environmental Monitoring, Environmental Audits, Environmental Baseline Surveys, Environmental Due Diligence and liaise with government bodies for environmental permit approval.
- Analyzing data and report writing related with environmental projects.
- Reporting and coordinating project activities with senior management.
- Assisting in the development of proposals for various environmental projects (as mentioned above).
- Participating in various marketing initiative.
- Provide in house capacity building to the junior staff
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A minimum of Master’s degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Chemistry, Soil Science, Socio-economy, and/or other related fields of specialization.
- Possess at least AMDAL B certificate and Competency Certificate (INTAKINDO) ATPA (AMDAL Team Member). Having Competency Certificate KTPA (AMDAL Team Leader) would be an advantage.
- Minimum 15 years experience working on environmental projects or in environmental consultancy in Indonesia (AMDAL experience is a must, experience with International EIA, e.g., ESHIA/ESIA Study, would be preferable).
- Familiarity with Indonesian environmental regulations for various sectors, including: industry, forestry, mining, oil and gas, etc. Familiarity with international regulation and/or standards such as IFC. World Bank would be an advantage.
- Experience working in the mining and oil & gas sectors would be a strong asset.
- Possess good network of contacts with potential clients and environmental organizations.
- Computer skills: MS Office.
- Excellent communication, analytical and writing skills.
- Strong English writing and speaking skills.
To apply, email application letter and CV to email@example.com (no phone calls, please). Please put expected salary and at least three references in your CV/application letter.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.